Want to Sell Your Car for $500-$5000 Cash? Here Are Reason It’ll Be Tough to Junk Your Car For That Much
Scrap steel is big business; it’s vital to the Australia steel industry. It can be recycled numerous times without becoming weaker. Reusing steel requires less energy and creates less pollution compared to refining steel ore. Each year, million of tons of steel are recycled into new products, including construction materials, appliances, fire hydrants, DIY products, file cabinets and vehicles.
Many auto recyclers across the Australia are still struggling from the downturn in Scrap Car Market Melbourne Australia that occurred during 2016 to 2017. A great deal of yards went out of business even.
- Exports are down: The Australia used to export a lot of scrap metal overseas mainly China and Middle East. But after that peak, the amount kept dropping. And that brings us to basic economics: when demand is low, prices are, too.
- The U.S. dollar is up: AUS currency is on an upswing. Sounds great, but one effect is that it’s more expensive for other countries to buy Australian goods. And when products cost more, importers often buy fewer.
- China is cold. The Chinese economy has slowed down, and that extends to the steel industry. We used to sell lots of scrap metal to China. But if they won’t buy it, we can’t sell it.
- Increasing imports of steel: China produces steel comparatively cheaply to sell to other countries, including Australia. Because of this, other steel-producing countries are losing business. Where do they go then? To the Australia! As more and more steel is coming in from other countries, Australian steel mills are not doing well. Since demand for their product is lower, they don’t need as much scrap.
- The Internet: Makes it easier for others to compete for cars and it’s lead to a globalization of auto sales. There is now greater competition from countries all across the World, most of which have less regulations.
- This will all lead to a volatile market so be cautious.
Depressed yet? Sorry, we didn’t want to kill your buzz after you searched, “Scrap Car Market Melbourne Australia” Believe us as leading Melbourne car wreckers; we’d like to buy your unwanted vehicle.
Sell Your Car Online For Cash Now
Our junk car buyers purchase thousands of cars each month across Melbourne.
Call us now for your FAST & FREE Offer up to $5,000!
Too bad VIC wreckers can’t cure it. But we will give you a fair price when you are looking to get cash for cars if you choose to junk my car. It just might not be the number you hope for your junker. But it will be competitive and we’ll provide a smooth process that is quick and easy when we are buying your car.
We understand you are in a hurry and looking to get the best junk car price possible. Here below the necessary steps to junk your unwanted vehicle in Melbourne:
Step 1: Make sure you have the title for the vehicle. And make sure that you know where it is. Scrap yard can not purchase cars from anyone but the owner. Also, if there is no title and that needs to be worked around then it will likely cost you more, meaning less for your vehicle.
Step 2: Determine what the car is really worth. I’m going to be blunt here, no one cares about the sentimental value of your car. You probably think it is worth more then it really is so now is a good time to take a step back and determine what you think the car is really worth. Is this car going to be scrapped? If so you may want to familiarize yourself with the price of steel. Here’s a tip; ask some friends / family what they’d pay for it if they were buying it.
Step 3: Call around for prices or get one online. You’re going to want to make sure you are honest with them and upfront about the mileage, condition and the like so you can get a fair honest quote. If you get 3 quotes and they are all less than $500 then it’s going to be tough to sell your car for $500+. All reliable junk yards use the same process to determine the price they’ll pay for junk cars.
Step 4: Decide if you are going to sell. If the offers suck and you can hold on to the vehicle a bit longer that may be a good idea. If it’s an end of life vehicle then the additional miles or wear and tear won’t impact the price. But if the price of scrap steel continues to rise you may be able to junk your car for $500 in the near future.
Step 5: Offer to drive your car in, if possible. While towers and scrap yards will tell you they provide free junk car removal you will also find that if you offer to drive it in the price they are willing to pay generally goes up. It costs money to send a tow truck and driver to get your car. So offer to drive it in for more cash.
Find your nearest local Melbourne car salvage services:
- Pakenham wreckers, Melton wreckers, Frankston wreckers,
- Sunbury wreckers, Mornington wreckers, Geelong wreckers,
- Springvale wreckers, Dandenong wreckers, Melbourne wreckers.